Re: Thatch roof + barbecue/chimenea distance.

CyberKat wrote:

I'd be very careful of the barbecue ANYWHERE near thatch. Think of the hot gasses and the wind direction. I'd be tempted to site it at last as far away from the thatch as the thatch is high.
I mean its not likley to catch fire - but if it does..would your insurance pay up?
Building regulations stipulate at least 2m above ridge height for any chimney top with thatch.
If in doubt, don't. There are some specific regulations for thatch, but I cannot immediately find them.