Re: OT Cleaner wards, prettier nurses and better food (long)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying something like:

Eff off, Bruce. It's of vital interest, how the totty looks, to good recovery.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

When my father in law was in hospital, after each of his (three) heart attacks, he used to interfere with the sensors stuck to his chest. His sole reason was that it brought the totty running...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , nightjar writes

Glad you're better now.

I've just come to the end (fingers crossed) of what is so far a 16-month process to have an infected knee replaced. Five stays in the local NHS hospital, one of which was a week in the private wing as all the other suitable wards were full. Private room like yours, en-suite, free TV. NHS food though, the private menu looked very expensive. Food was basic but not bad. When the coffee arrived in a china pot on a tray, with a biscuit, I though things were looking up. But no, same instant "coffee" as on the other wards. Why do people in this country put up with that stuff? It's revolting.

Anyway, the nurses on the NHS and private wards are kind and caring (except for one weekend night shift that everyone moaned about), pleasant rather than spectacular.

As for matters urinary, I found that post ops I couldn't urinate for a couple of days and was threatened with a catheter, but fortunately the effects wore off just in time. The steroid-induced constipation was a bit of a problem, then they overdid it a tad with the laxatives...

Fortunately my heart is looking good, so that shouldn't bother me for a while.

Reply to
Peter Twydell