Re: OT Cleaner wards, prettier nurses and better food (long)

Congratulations on your successful recovery!

Reply to
dom

Wot no Henrys?

Pretty much. Did you get bedhead radio/telly/net in either hospital?

Glad it's all gone so well for you

Owain

Reply to
Owain

TV/radio/net and a personal room phone were standard in the private hospital. TV/radio/personal phone were available in the NHS hospital, but you had to buy pre-paid cards. The only price I recall was £3.50 a day for TV. I had taken about 20 novels, so I didn't use the TV much.

Thank you

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Thank you, although I am still working on a complete recovery.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>" Unfortunately, I was so far from home that visiting was not easy, but the

When I was in hospital for a few days, there were official visiting hours. And nobody seemed to take any real notice of them - I was allowed visitors whenever I wanted. I suspect had there been problems caused by me or my visitors, they could have been chucked out by the rules, but that never happened.

Glad to hear it all went well though.

Reply to
Clive George

"nightjar" I didn't think it a good idea to advertise in advance that I would be away

Bugger, sorry to hear you had to have that done. Do you now rattle or was it one of the posh Dacron ones?

Reply to
Steve Firth

What on earth does that have to do with anything? As a frequent outpatient, and a former in-patient on many occasions, I couldn't care less what the staff look like, or what gender they are. Neither should you, or anyone else.

It is all about how they do their job.

Reply to
Bruce

Nice one, Colin. I have to say that I was pooping myself (almost) the night before my CABG but as you've found, they have it pretty much sorted. Pity about your urinary problem. The worst pain I found was when removing the drains. Anyway, it's onwards and upwards from now :thumbs:

Reply to
brass monkey

I've not had my testicles removed yet.

Reply to
John Whitworth

It is a reference to a comment made in an earlier thread.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Oink.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Pleased to hear you're back again. Best wishes with the recovery.

My grandfather had heart surgury back around 1969 (I was too young to recall what it was, but he had many heart attacks due to smoking - might have been a bypass if they did them back then.)

My parents were visiting, I presume in the days just after the op, and everyone was having tea. Anyway, grandfather sneezed, and split his chest open down the scar. This was acompanied by a brown tea-like liquid which came out, much to the horror of the visitors, although it wasn't really the tea he just drunk. Nurse came running in with a long wide bandage and slapped it on. Anyway, the episode didn't seem to do him any harm, and I think he actually found it rather amusing.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Both hospitals had people walking around clutching folded or rolled towels to their chests.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

K3wL, you could get a part in Dr Who.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Here's wishing you the best for a full recovery.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Some people have no aesthetic standards. You seem to be one of them. As someone who used to work in a hospital and who has had to spend time in one I'm particularly interested in how good looking the nurses are. After all there's usually bugger all else to do apart from ogle the nurses, stare at the walls and wait for the next badly cooked lukewarm meal.

Reply to
Steve Firth

During a recent NHS hospital stay the hot meals were so utterly foul (tinned stew, total absence of salt, served at 35 c ) I took to eating the sandwiches, which were not too bad, at lunch and dinner.

After 12 days on corned beef or tomato (occasionally on special occasions corned beef *and* tomato) sandwiches came the fateful day -

*No Sandwiches*.

The nurse scratched her head and after 10 minutes thought said (in a Kafka-esque sort of way) ...

"Sorry we have no corned beef sandwiches, but I can order for you 2 slices of bread and butter, 2 slices of corned beef, a sachet of salad cream, and a side salad".

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Bruce

I ordered a pizza at 1am the last time I was in hospital.

The ward Sister was not amused.

Adsm

Reply to
ARWadsworth