Re: Mounting Memorabilia

"troubleinstore" wrote | I have some 'AA' & 'RAC' keys along with other stuff that | I wish to mount in a glass case. | Anyone suggest best way of mounting the keys please....?

For keys I would suggest something like a glass-fronted noticeboard, which are readily enough available from office stationers on a few days' order, with little panel-pins inside to hang the keys from.

You can also get magnetic vinyl from signwriters. It's intended for making remountable vehicle signs, or custom fridge magnets, but if you used it as the backing sheet in your display, perhaps under some baize or thin felt, you could just arrange your keys as you wish and they'd stick (ferrous keys only).

Coins and medals seem to be displayed in cases with custom cut-outs. These could be make quite easily with a router, and there must be a source for the flock backing in this type of case, I don't know whether it's spray-on or a deformable sheet. Shops or museums dealing with this sort of thing might know.

Owain

Reply to
Owain