Re: Glowworm Foundryman Gas Fire

Hi Again Sue,
No luck with getting anyone to admit anything then. Typical.
Very frustrating indeed. How long have you been on the gas board servicing agreement all together ? Because it seems to me that, if the gas board have been looking after the same appliance for many years, they should probably realise that it could only be them that caused the fault if it didn't show up on previous visits.
A sixteen year old gas appliance is a bit on the "becoming obsolete" side of service parts, so it may be in your interest to think of a change soon, before it does produce a major fault, but it is a pity that it has to be through these circumstances.
I don't understand why service engineers can't just say that the appliance is becoming old and that parts are becoming more difficult to obtain and that you should start thinking of a change, rather than using underhanded techniques to get you to buy a new appliance.
As the saying goes "Honesty is the best policy". Well in some trades it is. :-))