Re. Gass cooker

Hi all Can any-body offer any help on my problem _____ Got a new Cannon "Stratford" LPG approx year ago, grill was always poor, on maxi, the flames no bigger than 3/4 to 1 inch, it was said the bacon goes rancid before its cooked, .but as we used the grill on the combi cooker never bothered, as the guarantee was soon to run out I contacted cannon and got address of there local service man ,after about three weeks he arrived. I got no help from him

Reply to
ken-SPAMpage

all

If the grill has always been like that, then I'd have to say it was a design fault with the stove. Everything else is working up to standard. No leaks or pressure drops to any other parts of the system.

It's a grill fault. Ask the engineer if he thinks a larger bore pipe to the grill would make any difference. Or if the jet size was made any different, would it help. But that's the only things I can think of that might make a bit of a difference to it.

Reply to
BigWallop

en

One logical conclusion is that the jet is the wrong size, but the gas hob we had fitted for lpg use had the 'town' gas jets fitted initially and the flame out of the rings was immense, so based on that it would seem that lpg jets are smaller diameter than piped gas ones.

Just remember that the Sale of Goods Acts do protect you after the 12 month guarantee runs out, though you will have to fight for it!

robgraham

I don't know how you can measure the gas consumption on and LPG installation. I would try (if it's possible) to see if the grill is using the right amount of gas.

Not only could the jet be wrong (size or blocked) the jet might not be pointing correctly at the mixing tube. That was how it was on a Beko (spit) cooker I did a 'landlords' on the other day.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the help, the fitter called earlier in the week, he agrees something is amiss, he had been to another job and they had the same model cooker ( the problem there was not the grill) but he looked at that grill and says the grill was great much longer flames, checked my jet ,right size according to the book for LPG also checked the pressures, both after jet and before jet all okay, He decided to order a new Switch control, says although pressure is there ,the gas quantity could be restricted ( I would have thought that the pressure was the gas)) I think it may be get a new control as there is nothing else it can be. Thanks again Ken

** Posted from
**
Reply to
ken-SPAMpage