Re: carpet cleaners

Unless your carpet cleaning is going to border on the obsessive, I think this is one piece of gear it's worth hiring every 4-6 or more months, rather than buying. 15 quid for a 24hour hire including one lot of consumables (enough for 4-5 rooms) seems to be the going rate - prolly more in Landan, mind ;-) The hired-out kit tends to be of a better spec, though obviously more bashed about, than what you'd buy at an affordable retail rate.
Just an idea... Stefek
snipped-for-privacy@hp.com writes:

And it's very, very, very, very hard work. It's not something you're going to be doing often, believe me.

I used to hire a cleaner and spend all day doing the whole house - absolutely knackered... then my wife bought a Hoover, now she does each room as she deems necessary! A fantastic improvement :-)
Peter
On 22 Sep 2003 13:34:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with that. In the past my wife and I have hired one of those red Rug Doctor things that are available for hire from the DIY sheds.
It's been a few years now, but I can't recall it being that strenuous a job. Filling with water, emptying of nasty stuff mixed with water that could not possibly have come out of our carpets, aside from that just a bit brisker than your average vacuum cleaning.
You may be referring to something different however.
PoP

Possibly the effort of moving all the furniture so you can do the job properly. Also in our house it means we actually have to tidy up properly. My wife and I occasionally talk about getting one, usually when her hayfever is bad, fortunately it was a short season for her this year.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby