Rayburn indentification

Any Rayburn experts out there able to tell me anything about a Rayburn that's within a property we are about to complete on?

There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look worse than it actually is (honest)

Sean

oil system, I believe, this one:

often look a bit disastrous like that if they haven't been used for a while but so long as there hasn't been water coming down the chimney into it it should clean up fine. Check the enamel for cracks or wear marks. Inspect the flue for water/rust if you can. Has it recently been in use?

You can get someone out to service them and clean the flue, but to be honest it's not necessary - there's plenty of information on how to do it yourself online.

Reply to
Jim

I should say, having had a bit more of a look at those specs, given that it's a pressurised oil one rather than one with a wick it would probably be worth getting it serviced by a qualified oil heating engineer.

Reply to
Jim

original has been taken out and a conversion put in. I wonder if it was gas originally? I had a solid fuel converted to oil Stanley and that looks like the same unit that was in mine, air adjuster control and all. The asbestos wool is certainly not standard like that.

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

Oil fired conventional flue it would seem from the pictures but they are not clear enough to determine the model. Look here

should be able to figure out your model.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Well having now spoken to Aga tech peeps it look like it's a pre 1991 PJ - this is now known as the 460 range and was fitted as standard with the Unigas oil buner - at some point after 1991 the burner fitted was changed to another (cheaper) make however GP Burners do still produce spares for it so there is hope that it will live to heat another day.

I've found a local company who have records of serviceing it during

2006, however the house hasnt been occupied since early 2008 and the cowl is now missing and the flashing on the chimney is shot so the quanity of water that's been down the flue could be significant - a day or twos works with some wire wool may well be needed.
Reply to
Sean