Rabies on Million Pound Property Experiment

Page 1 of 2
Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

:-)
I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the water co. one.
I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

chris French wrote:

I'm glad they took a kicking on that one though, they ignored every single piece of advise offerred then moaned at the estate agent for not telling them what was wrong with the place. They kicked the offer of 385 in to touch and then thought they'd done well after spending more money on it to sell at 335. What a pair of prize prats.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /
James Hart wrote:

I thought they were great 'designers' but clueless when it came to actually understanding the practical needs of housedwellers. I see them with a great future in the tate modern, the labour government, or Microsoft.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The final buyers were only described as 'a professional couple with no children', totally different to the 'family with children' that they were supposedly aiming at. I think they found the right buyer for their designs, they just missed the (proper) design goals by a long way. All the mentioned stuff like kid-safe cooker, wardrobes, warm feeling lounge etc.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

But some of that was pointed out to them by Nigel, yet they didn't want to listen! In the end, Nigel got up and left. I have a feeling he was about to clock them one at that point, and if that could have shut up the one guy, I don't know whether it was Colin or Justin, all to the good. They are both rather too full of it, in my opinion. Four weeks and nowhere near a million yet. Just a heck of lot of hard work from Nigel and his builders and a heck of a lot of excitable bullshit from the two prima donnas.
MM

Aerial lead fell out of the video ... I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth watching?
--
geoff

O yes,,,

I have just accidentally taped over it with tonight's panorama
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

I recorded it on my computer (well all except the first couple of mins)... hence it is still sat in a large file. I might be able to render it down to a video CD format if you want.
--
Cheers,

John.

to ftp
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

I have rendered it down to a 550MB mpg file (was 6GB to start with!). So I can either stick it on VCD and post it to you, or I can stick it somewhere ready for download.
Tricky thing is I don't have any hosting accounts setup with that much web/ftp space! So if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
If you want it posted then email me with an address.
--
Cheers,

John.

God, how I loathe that programme! The two presenters are so arrogant and excitable, like overgrown kids. The way they dance about when they get an offer is laughable. The only bloke there with a bit of common sense is Nigel, the builder. Last night, they bought that house for 235K. If they'd spent just ten grand giving it a decent lick of paint inside and out, tidied everything up and presented it as a family home for the typical family in that area, they may well have got near to what they eventually had to accept and they'd have made a vastly better profit. But no, they had to spend around eighty grand! Eighty grand for a makeover! What would Carol Smillie say about that amount of money!
I mean, I have to say that they do have a flair for design and every property so far has looked fantastic at the end. But the whole point of the experiment is to make money for charity, not be a living advertisement for their design talents.
I also noticed at the vey end, in the preview to next week's show, that Nigel the builder will NOT be project managing the next project! I wonder if this is because he's getting as fed up as I am about these two.
MM

fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.
And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.
mike r

Done on the cheap. Remember how they went for cheap B&Q kitchen units to save money? The units may have looked good when new but would have fallen apart in no time.

Amen.
--
A. Top posters.
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

I've been using it for years without any problem. Of course, I follow the instructions meticulously ....

Spending 80 Grand on doing up a house is not cheap.........
Oh lets save 20 quid and not put in a stopcock.......

So what, they are doing up a house - what is the point in spending mega bucks on the kitchen - one of themore sensible decisions i think.

--
Chris French, Leeds

My B&Q Units are outlasting my MFI ones ..........
Rick

of money!
"Yes", even if you looked like Rumplestiltskin.

It's the first time I have watched a whole one - I was blobbing out on the sofa and got sucked in....

I suspect that is one of the reasons they were chosen.

Ditto.
It is so transparently obvious that they chose the 'cast' because of their antics, and because of the scope for plenty of conflict with Nigel etc. I suspect it is good viewing because they make such a balls up of it.
--
Chris French, Leeds