Quote of guttering, soffits and facsia - sound right to you?

Hi

I live is a smallish (2 bedrooms plus tiny box room) end of terrace, red brick house near the centre of Reading. I need the guttering, soffits and facsia replacing and was wondering if anyone else had had similar work done.

Has anyone in the Reading area had similar work done and can recommend a company?

I have one quote which was

i) guttering, sofits and facsia on three sides. price £2500 for all sides ii) for one side price £1200 iii) for two sides price £1480

Do you think this is reasonable? Any help appreciated

Kind Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard

The third side looks a bit pricey

Reply to
Dave Gibson

Just ordered soffits/fascias/guttering & fittings to do a 4 bed semi at a cost of £325 from fascias.com. Why not try DIY ? get 3 local firms to quote for scaffolding and do the whole house in a day. Fascias.com have a reasonable online help section.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Main bit of help is that this is d-i-y .... and you could save a big part of that by doing the work yourself.

Typical cost of uPVC rain water goods for an average detached 3 bed house is £550, or around 1400 for Aluminium.

Fascia is about £1.8 m Soffit can be cut form sheet ply ... say around £54 should do a complete house

So that should help you do the sums ..

1+1 tradesman & labourer will be whatever your local rates are, in my area good quality guys come in at £140 for the pair per day. (cash of course)

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes