Product to remove moss from patio and walls??

Can anyone recommend any products to clean the green moss from my pati

and the walls surrounding it , spray on or brush on is fine , I've use bleach and a yard brush on the concrete at my old house , it was ver effective , but probably not eco friendly . Personal recomendations would be appretiated

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

Jeyes fluid which might not be eco friendly either but personally ICGAT

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Pressure washer. No chemicals. Make sure the spray hits at an angle, and from not too close, to avoid the risk of cleaning your pointing out as well.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Jeyes Fluid kills it dead, although EC regulations now forbid them from promoting it on tin. Like Curprinol it does what it says on the tin & MORE!

Reply to
Gel

That's the one. Quick, easy, eco-friendly and cheap.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

... and anyway, water play's fun..... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

thanks guys

pressure washer would take ages , and use so much water that you can really call it eco freindly . I heard somewhere that caustic soda is effective , but not sure abou its effects on the area , staining for instance

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

SHH!

I didn't want people to think I could be so undignified as to play :-)

Wear wellies. If they're mucky when you start they can be clean when you finish ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
John Rumm

Tony wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com:

I just checked back on the thread; Jeyes is very effective, and, I understand safe; I'm told it degrades into fertiliser, hence it's main use as weedkiller.

Why not patio cleaner, from a shed. It's only acid, so will wash away without residual toxicity.... I theeeeenk.

(Its also a good bog cleaner)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

As in Washing, Ironing, F...ing, Etc.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It doesn't. You'd be surprised t how fast it is.

It leaves no deposits and doesn't harm the ecology.

If you don't want to make any impact leave the growth alone ...

Nasty stuff.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote | >a wife? | As in Washing, Ironing, F...ing, Etc.?

flower-arranging?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Your wife fishes ?

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

In my wallet usually :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

I always thought it wa Washing, Ironing, Food, Etc.... (with your version of F included in the "etc").

Reply to
John Rumm

Presumably the Jeyes fuid need diluting ?

To what concentration ?

Reply to
Rolyata

Used pressure wash my patio, takes ages and you get wet. Now use the Thompson Patio Cleaner around March time. Sprinkle on, brush in, leave a bit, cup of tea, brush a bit more, another cup of tea and wash it off. Also doesn't remove the suface of the patio like the pressure washer does. With the pressure washer the water run off was the same colour as the patio stones, which can't be good.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

Hi,

Have you tried a 'Dirtblaster' (rotating) jet? A lot better than the standard one.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Got a three "lances" with my pressure washer, straight single point jet, fan and rotating point jet. I was using the rotating point jet as it covers the largest area, but still takes ages on a large patio. The instructions for the patio stones (Bradstone I think, left by the builders as part of their care package, nice !!!) say you can pressure wash but not too vigorously and not too often (every couple of years !!). I found the pressure washer was definately removing the surface of the stones, the run off water was same colour as patio, which is why I switched to the patio cleaner which is easier, quicker and less wet (for you) than the pressure washer.

Reply to
Ian Middleton