Problems with pressure at thermostatic shower mixer

Hello,

I searched back through some of the earlier posts before posting this, and it seems that everyone else has the opposite problem to me. When I adjust the temperature control, the water pressure FALLS as I reduce the temperature setting. The hot and cold pressure at the bath located next to the shower is good. I have another shower downstairs with an identical mixer, and there the pressure is constant over the temperature range.

I've used a thermometer to check that the actual temperature is correct when set at the safety stop of 38C. At this temperature, the pressure is very low, and it increases as I increase the temperature to its maximum.

Could it be that the cold water inlet is partially blocked, and so causing a reduced pressure at lower temperatures?

Any ideas, many thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul Moore

Harry Ziman

Harry,

No, both hot and cold are directly attached to the respective inlets. Strange that the cold inlet should have a lower pressure than at the bath next to it....

Reply to
Paul Moore