Pressure washers

Hi I would like to know if you can hire one of those powerfull pressure washers to clean my paving slabs I was going to buy one from B&Q but a pal tells me that they are not powerfull enough has anyone hired one and are they good... Thanks from Eddie...

Reply to
eddie

On 13 Dec 2004, eddie wrote

I bought a cheapie one (40-pounds-ish), and am entirely happy with it -

- does a great job for small-scale occasional jobs. (Things like cleaning off slabs, concrete paths, a deck, etc., once or twice a eyar.)

The only reason I'd consider hiring (or buying) an industrial-strength one would be if I was going to use it solidly -- day after day, hour after hour -- or if I had industrial-strength oil and grease to clear.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:44:20 +0000 (UTC), "eddie" strung together this:

Yes, go to Domindos or HSS etc... Look in the yellow pages for hire shops.

They are, they might not last for years but they will clean a patio.

Reply to
Lurch

I bought one from B&Q 2 weeks ago -- they'd got them down to "my price" (27.95 - yes). It's only little, and its hose is too short I find (it's

3m and I decided it could do with being 6m). But for the money it's tremendous. It easily returned my patio to pale grey, from being green-black for the last few years. It leaves a very streaky effect if you don't work methodically. Does a terrific job on rinsing the car too, but it is *NOT* a substitute for the sponge and shampoo: rinse, sponge, rinse = bloody shiny car.

j.

Reply to
John

Hi Eddie

Having spent 25 years in the pressure washer game I may be able to help!

The DIY stuff has high pressure but no flow and will take ages to do anything. Typical flow 6 litres/min as opposed to 10/12 litres/min for a 'real' machine.

Hire a decent one, it will do the job in half the time with better results. If you can, also hire a 'surf' cleaner to go with it. Sort of rotary head that covers a 12" path - faster with less mess.

BTW cheap pressure washers use universal motors with a total run life of 10 - 12 hours!!!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave