PRD in shower

Not sure if this is strictly DIY..

but I have an Aqualisa shower which has been leaking from the bottom the past few months

I only got around to calling them today - apparently there might be a blockage somewhere and the PRD has gone.

Anyone know how hard they are replace? I have one on its way to me.

Also, I have to find the blockage somewhere - is it most likely to be in the flexi pipe? this problem only occured about 3 months of having the showr installed.

Reply to
mo

Which shower model is it?... I have a brass bodied flush valve which occasionally leaks from the temperature adjustment lever. Looking at my parts list it is likely to be the thermostatic element open/close shaft seal O ring, which is integral to the element so I ordered one ready for when it next got worse. My flexi pipe is simple enough to check by unscrewing both ends at the head and at the wall outlet.

Reply to
BigGirlsBlouse

Has the shower head scaled up? We have a different shower, and usually the clue as to when the head needs descaling is that the circuit breaker trips. Last time however it blew the PRD.

Oh, this is a 'spare' shower in the 'spare' bathroom, so I never get to use it and see how 'thin' the spray has become. Guests never mention anything until the water is cold or there's water running down the wall :)

Al.

Reply to
Al

Head seems to be fine, and I checked the flexi bit and it also seems to be fine

Doesn't a shower unit have to be sealed to prevent water going in? i.e with somesort of material (silicone?) on the outside?

Reply to
mo