Power Shower Problem

When my som finished taking a shower this evening he turned off the water but the pump still runs. I have to switch the pump off from the spur box in the airing cupboard.

I assume that there is some sort of pressure switch??? Are faulty parts easily replaced or a is this a new shower unit. It is about 10 years old.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

Sounds like it...

What make and model? The well known brands usually carry spares for quite some years.

Here can be a good place to look for spares:

John Rumm

Mine started running (with the water off) while we were out - and destroyed itself. If it is a Mira, the power to the motor is switched by a microswitch - but the microswitch drives a triac - and motor brush carbon can give enough conductivity to self start (my guess). Take the cover off and have a look.

Geo

It is an Aqualisa. I phoned them and they do a service replacement. I just have to check the model that I have.

Reply to
Zen83237