Power Craft Tools

My son in law has a faulty Compound Saw made by Power Craft and bought from Aldi. Is it possible to by spares for these anywhere or is a chuck it and buy a new one job.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Farrell

Doubt it - Aldi just buy in a batch of them and flog them. No after-sales service!

How long ago did he buy it. If it has failed to last for a 'reasonable' time (ignore the official guarantee period!) he should be able to get his money back under SOGA.

Reply to
Roger Mills

,

There is usually a three year warranty on Aldi power tools and there should be a telephone number on the saw for him to ring (or take it back to the Aldi store he bought it from and get them to sort it [1] - or look on their website -

- for their warranty conditions and the number will be there.

The after sales support number that I have is 0870 732 3023

As a matter of interest, I have had recourse to ring their 'support' number for some consumable spares (router collets etc) and found them to be rather effective on price and supply.

[1] If it's under 6 months old and its manufacturing defect (not wear and tear) don't listen to the usual bull that the staff give about *you* having to ring the manufacturers number, under SoGA, it's their responsibility (I've had one or two discussions with a couple of stores managers over the Sale of Goods Act and Aldi's 'Terms and Conditions' - and won the arguments.

BTW, letters of inquires Aldi's head office on the subject were totally ignored.

If they still refuse to 'play ball', have a chat to your councils trading standards department and I bet they'll be well versed in dealing with the company.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Aldi warranty is usually 3 years. Shout loud enough and get your money back. They do have a repair centre for some items, the handbook will say.

I took my breadmaker back just over a year old and got my money back. They did argue that it had a 12 month warranty but honoured the 3 years in the handbook.

I also got brushes for my SDS drill from their service centre. They didn't last long, but I'd lost my original receipt unfortunately.

Reply to
<me9

Cash laid this down on his screen :

I had the same problem and they tried to refer me to the manufacturer, suggesting that after one month Aldi needed to do nothing to help. Basically staff at our local laughed at us for trying to use the SOG act and were quite abusive.

I wrote to their head office pointing out the SOG and sent it recorded delivery. They then contacted the manufacturer, who agreed to refund in full. We are still waiting for an apology for the conduct of Aldi staff.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You should be able to find the number you need to call here:

mike

Many thanks folks, lets hope he kept the receipt

Sam

Reply to
Sam Farrell

I need a manual for plunge router pbf-1050e

Reply to
Bonnie9999

I would recommend starting a new thread before replying to an 12 year old post from a broken website, please read and digest this:

Fredxx

Posted 16 hours ago. IF you pop "pbf-1050e" into a search, the first hit (manualslib) is what you want.

Reply to
Chris Bacon