Potentiometer

Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with! Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage charges. TIA Allan

Reply to
Allan Mac

Hmm, if you can't get something directly, maybe a standard 2k2 pot - extend the shaft if necessary, glue a couple of cams to it which operate a pair of suitable microswitches? Add some bracketry to make it panel-mounting...

Reply to
Jules

Maplins have 1K, 4K7 and 10K on their website, so might be in a shop near you. I should think 4K7 would be OK.

Dave W

Reply to
Dave W

TYCO 23ESA222MMF50AF from CPC or Farnell. Cost you a tenner or so with small handling charge.

4.7k from Maplin Part No. FW41U. £2.39 +£2.99 delivery.
Reply to
Dave Osborne

Thats the ticket......many thanks

Reply to
Allan Mac

Last time I needed something non-standard, I found I could swap a shell-with-switch with a plain shell as they were all made with the inside end of the shaft having a switch actuator. But that was many years ago and I was lucky with the design; these days they're probably welded and impossible to take apart.

If you use a 4k7 one, you could put a fixed 4k7 resistor in parallel if the associated circuitry needs about 2k2.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Depending on how it's used in the circuit and how linear you need the scale, this could give you a funny result.

Somewhat more authentic, if you find a dual switched 4k7, just parallel up the two halves.

I have ordered from Mouser in the US when I needed something I just couldn't find here at all (dual 100K lin with motor drive). However, if handling/small order/ postage charges is a concern, then that's not a route to go (no choice in my case).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Worth looking at DigiKey too. The overheads appear lower to me (same shipping charge, but with DigiKey I just paid VAT on delivery; with Mouser I paid VAT and an admin charge to UPS).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Try here. If it's not mentioned on their website, give them a call, the're really most helpful:

the_constructor

with small orders so far. Delivery has never cost me more than =A31.50 and the prices are very honest (most pots listed as

Reply to
Chris_W