polystyrene lining paper?

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Cheers

Reply to
mogga

You mean that styrofoam stuff used as wallpaper backing to insulate rooms?

Well its been a few years but don't Wilko's or B&Q still sell it?

Reply to
Dark Angel

Just had a call to say they've found some at the local independent wallpaper shop! Had looked in the wickes booklet and they hadn't got it listed in there and b&q don't have it listed online neither do homebase and focus

Reply to
mogga

Yes, do it properly.

This stuff is a nightmare, you'll regret it.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Both B&Q and Homebase sell it

Reply to
Geoffrey

Depends what it's being used for... it has a bad reputation because people try to use it as a cure for penetrating damp (ie, an impervious layer to cover up God know's what underneath it); but in some circumstances, where condensation is a problem on cold walls, it can be great (by insulating the cold surface). I'd only ever use it in areas not susceptible to bumps etc; eg it works well inside fitted wardrobes where condensation/mould can otherwise be a problem.

David

Reply to
Lobster

It tends to get used to cover cracks lumps and bumps. Trouble is, whatever the reason for putting it on, its as soft as... polystyrene, and inevitably gets damaged and ends up looking awful after a while.

Whats the reason for using it? Theres usually probably better.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, its absolutely ideal for this, I also use it behind fitted kitchen cabinets I actually use Novamura wallpaper it much stronger and easier to use then polystyrene, but works just as wel .

-
Reply to
Mark

Can't vouch for the OP's reasons, but in my case - as above! David

Reply to
Lobster

I can vouch for Novamura. First time I ever wallpapered (when I was 14 or 15 I think) was with this. It's very forgiving stuff, has some thickness so easy to line up. I'm not sure I actually like result as much as a good vinyl but it is incredibly easy to hang and doesn't look bad all said and done. It worked quite well in a bedroom on lumpy patched up plaster. The thickness does seem to disguise imperfections on the wall upto a point.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Warmalene, made/distributed by an outfit called Vencil Resil (who won't supply to end users). Should be available from trade outlets as well as the usual suspects.

Reply to
Peter Johnson