Pointer to Panasonic DVD service manual, anyone?

Apologies if too far OT but am hoping possibly one of the usually knowledgeable denizens of this group can help please.

Looks like the DVD recorder on my year old DVD/HDD recorder DMR-EH60DEB has packed in just out of guarantee, of course.

Complete blank drawn so far on web/usenet searches.

Any source for a service manual or does anyone know of a relevant usenet group or web site? Main thing I want to know is whether I can just swap the DVD drive or is there software or firmware that needs upgrading - ie is it a diy job?

TIA

Reply to
jim

HI Jim

Sorry to hear that! I have had 2 drives/units go on me. First unit went

5 months after I bought it and was swapped out by Panasonic. That replacement unit last about 14 months then went wonky as well. Panasonic service agent quoted me a repair price for a new HD that was the same cost as buying a new one.

The replacement unit I subsequently purchased was also bought with a 5 year warranty...

They are somewhat restrictive on the information / service info they put out online and the technical help desk was about as much use as a chocolate Tpot..

Ged

jim wrote:

Reply to
ged.clink

Give SEME a call on (01664) 484000, tell them the Panasonic model number and that you are in the trade, and they should be able to supply you with a Service Manual, which may be a printed copy or on a DVD. Once you know the Panasonic part number for the bit you need (from the Service Manual), they'll also be able to supply it to you. You don't have to have an account with them, and they do accept payment by Credit Card.

Good luck.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com writes

David C.Chapman - Chartered Engineer. FIEE. ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHAPMAN ASSOCIATES is a Consultancy offering practical expertise and design skills in the fields of counter-surveillance, electronic protection and security. Visit our Web site at

David Chapman