Plumbing: Non-Return Valves for Bath Mixer Tap

Bathroom refit being planned. Have bough a wall mounted bath mixer tap with hand shower attachment

or

Whilst I was waiting for Grohe to confirm which were the cold and hot inlet s (I'd assumed the right one was cold as per usual but its best not to assu me, and nothing in the installation instructions), I decided to just blow i nto the inlets and move the tap from hot to cold (cold inlet is on the righ t by the way). I've found that whilst there is a non return valve in the sh ower outlet, there is nothing to stop flow between hot and cold inlets.

The question is, given I have a Megafow system with hot water being deliver ed at close to mains pressure, is there any need for me to insert non retur n valves into the hot/cold feeds to the mixer? The same H/C feed will be su pplying a (thermostatic) shower in the same room but I can't see a time whe re we'd be using both shower and bath.

Reply to
Kevin H