Plumbing Flow Rate Problem

No. No Jonno has ever taught me anything about British Wine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The question wasn't that hard, though Chris Hogg needs to think about it a bit more. Stick an OT on it, keep going, I'm finding them light relief similar to newspaper puzzles.

Reply to
Clive George

michael adams scribbled

You can't do that. He'll run away and hide, like he always does when he's caught out.

Reply to
Jonno

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

Sorry, you're an expert on British whine.

Reply to
Jonno

There doesn't seem any more point. The idea was to have each a bit more involved than the previous and nobody answered the last one!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

From the link provided.

"Although generally not recommended, belt drives can work without an adjustment mechanism. This is possible because, after initial tensioning and straightening, belts tend not to elongate or creep."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, I leave that to you.

The point about a belt drive is there is no whine.. More a sort of whirr.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah! "Initial tensioning" provide by magic no doubt.

Just slide the belt over the wheels, and it "initially tensions" itself, all by itself.

michael adams

michael adams

You've brought this on yourself for posting a non-diy related question. You could have at least dressed up the question to resemble one like I did. :->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

TNP, Ignoring the rest of the crap on this thread, do you actually want to know how to calculate it (its not too difficult really) or are you content to just use the tool? Mail me direct if you like. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I thought it might involve radians so my brain went quickly back to sleep:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Its very much a DIY question if like me you build your own belt drives...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You should get good money for that. All the top european-made turntables are fetching plenty right now thanks to the vinyl revival.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom
[31 lines snipped]

Mine's set up and gets regular use.