Plumbers that meet appointment time....

must be a rare as rocking horse sh*t! So far, out of 6 appointments using different plumbers, only two have managed to turn up at the appointed time. The other four simply didn't show, not even a courtesy phone call, one of these was even British Gas! It's not as if it's a small job; I want my boiler/cylinder/pumps and valves replacing, so a fair sized chunk of work. What is it with the service industry, how do they get away with it? If our company followed the same working practice we would be out of business before we know it.

Any views?

Reply to
Gavin

Supply and demand is the primary driver. If a consumer has plenty of choice, the worst practitioners will struggle to find clients, if there aren't enough plumbers to satisy the clients, they have no need to improve their act.

Of course, good plumbers will always be good plumbers and cowboys will still be cowboys and there's plenty of grey in-between.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

True, but as these people were recommended by friends etc you would have hoped they would feel some "guilt"/"need"/"whatever" to try to at least contact me to let me know they can't make it. I think it's called "good manners" ;-) All they have achieved now is a) not being used by me b) not being used by any friends etc due to negative feedback, in the long run this must affect their business.

I agree though, all the time they are busy I can't see this changing. It is just so annoying!!

Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

Yup, never rely on a plumber, learn the trade saves you broosters

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from Gavin contains these words:

I've never called a plumber!

Reply to
Guy King

I've called a plumber lots of things!

Reply to
Bob Eager

if you give us a location, someone may be able to recommend someone?

M.

Reply to
m__murray

Thanks for the offer, I'm in Maidstone, Kent. I have now managed to get hold of 3 plumbers to provide quotes. Two companies and a sole trader. Hopefully that will be enough to gauge accurate costings.

cheers

Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

In message , Gavin writes

If you can get a tradesman to turn up within a week of an appointment, you are doing well!

Reply to
Richard Faulkner