Please stop these emails

Had you not used a contraction you could have made that 4 posts.

Reply to
ARW

I don't know what the OP's situation is but I used to receive endless mail from Google Groups, mostly in foreign languages. Logging in to Google Groups wouldn't have helped as I didn't have a Google account.

Eventually I configured procmail to bounce them, and they seem to have stopped.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

uk.d-i-y is part of Usenet[*]. It doesn't send mail to anyone.

Google Groups is a Google product which among other things takes Usenet messages and presents them as if they were part of their product. If Google is sending you uk.d-i-y articles as mail, there's nothing we can do about it. It's possible that you may have set some Google Groups option to do this, and if so you should be able to turn it off again. Otherwise you could try contacting Google, whose sophisticated software will efficiently ignore your complaint using patented algorithms.

[*] which has existed since the founders of Google were 7.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Try logging in to Google groups, then go to uk.d-i-y. Then, on the right hand side near the top, click on "My settings" and then "membership and email settings".

There you can change your email delivery settings.

If you really have unsubscribed from uk.d-I-y you may need to resubscribe just in case there's some sort of glitch in the system.

Remember though, this is all Google's doing, nothing to do with the usenet group uk.d-i-y other than google being responsible for relaying messages from it to you via email.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If you want help at least post the *Headers* of one of the offending emails - you are so completely clueless that it is impossible to help.

Usenet doesn't send emails to anyone - you have subscribed to some mail relay or other that echoes Usenet feeds presumably in the past 5 days.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Very little spam comes to addresses used on usenet any more. I've used this (real) email address on Usenet for YEARS, pretty much since GMail launched. GMail's spam folder autopurges spam over 30 days old - and used to sit at several thousand messages at any given time. Now? It's minimal. Less than a couple of hundred.

Reply to
Adrian

'kin hell. That is a scary fact

Reply to
The Other Mike

It's something you've subscribed to, so either google groups or an aggregator forum has your email address and you've left a setting live on it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes, that's my experience nowadays too. I have a functional E-Mail address in my headers and it receives very little mail of any sort but, occasionally, receives *useful* E-Mails from other Usenet users. :-)

Reply to
cl

That's how irrelevant we've become, in the modern social media whirl. No-one even wants to spam us anymore...

Reply to
Steve Walker