Plastic to metal adhesive

I need to stick a 2M length of plastic coated MDF scotia to an aluminium step edge. Anyone care to recommend an adhesive that's going to last. The ones I have seem to need porous surfaces...

Epoxy should work, Abrade or score each surface to help it key.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In the past I've used Evostick Impact, but nowadays Gorrila Glue is my favourite.

Reply to
charles

I've not used GG but I thought it needed moisture from one or other surface in order to cure?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I would back up the use of the PU glues for this. I've recently used when building a control box for my wood turning lathe and attached Al to Al, Al to wood and plastic to Al.

Reply to
robgraham

Ah but was that gorilla glue?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

^is

Basically a PU adhesive Jim.

I used some for the first time last week (GG, not generic PU).

It's weird having to damp the wood with a spray first, but it works, very well.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I use UHU impact adhesive from Poundland by default. Haven't come across anything it doesn't stick to yet.

Reply to
stuart noble

Ah well, gg may be a pu Tim but it's a foaming one and IMLE not hugely strong used on dissimilar materials especially thin sections a la OP.

Other PUs like sikaflex ont'other hand are extremely adhesive and would be more my choice for the OP.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK