Plastic to Plastic Adhesive

My car (Fiesta) - drivers mirror is the type that is on a spring so if you drive into something it springs backwards.
The owner before me (!) hit something a bit harder than the spring could handle and so now its broken. Basically it kidn of hooked on in 2 places, the stronger of the hooks is broken but the mirror still holds into place (and the electric controls work)
Now my mechanic suggested either replacing (way too expensive) or sticking it into place with a screw (not ideal)
The first time I had the problem the mirror just fell off but was held dangling in place by a wire. I used some superglue which held it in place for a good few months
It came off again today, so I am thinking of using soem superstrong glue that you apply with those guns
Idea is if I squirt enough inbetween the old fixings the glue will get strong enough to hold them in place. Its a bot hard to describe but if I can get enough glue in there (superglue is too liquidy) then when it sets it will actually wrap around the old fixing and hold everythign in place
Anyway, the long and short of it is, which types/brands of glue are the best to use for plastic to plastic?
I dont really care if it damages the plastic (as superglue does) because its all internal. But I wonder what is the difference between solvent and non solvent in this scenario?
something from here: http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A336151/Sealants-Adhesives/Grab-Adhesives/Solvent-Free
I like the gun idea because i can then just squit in lots, which is hard to do with superglue.
Thanks
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:02:28 +0000, mo wrote:

Way too expensive to replace? Are you sure?
http://search.ebay.com/260303692799
(If that's the wrong model Fiesta, there are loads more on there too...)
Why spend £5-£10 on a bodge when £35 and ten minutes with a screwdriver will fix it for good?
PCPaul wrote:

I like the way its described in good condition, what's poor like???
--
Kevin R
Reply address works
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:26:10 +0000, Kevin wrote:

Well, see, with 'poor condition' you need some sort of plastic-to-plastic adhesive... ;-)
Hard to tell if that's mud or scratches, you'd be surprised how little effort many breakers go to before taking pictures for the web.

I remember doing that several times on my cars over the years . Just push the panel back, slip a screwdriver up and wheech the u shaped spring off . Anyway I think modern cars are easier to get door mirrors off .I'm sure that on my Mondeo the door mirror has it's own interior panel well away from the main door panel so it's quite easy to remove/replace.

And the short answer is "it depends". It depends on what sort of plastic it is. IIRC Ford liek to use ABS plastic for wing mirrors so you need to find a glue suitable for ABS.
Possible one of these two glues will work:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?modulenoF010 http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNoF013
But I agree with Paul, buy a new wing mirror and do it properly. You'll never get a glued mirror to look right, especially since you've already had one ballsed up attempt at doing it.