Plastic Padding in the Microwave?

I've used the above gunge to repair a microwave glass dish but am reluctant to try it yet. Does anyone know if Plastic Padding will do the job without blowing up? Is their a better glue for microwave dishes? Can anyone find the makers of PP any more please, I've looked everywhere.......

Reply to
fastrack1966

Probably not designed for it.

may have spares suitable. The worst that can happen is that it will catch fire, and kill you from the fumes.

However, put the dish in an (empty) microwave for 10 seconds, and see if the patch gets very hot. Repeat (if it doesn't) for a minute.

If it's a combi microwave, it's probably not a really good idea, as it'll melt/burn when it's used in oven mode.

Reply to
Ian Stirling