PIR to control 12v lights with 240v transformer.

Hi,

the extension has been finished and I have realised that the down-lighting at the front of the house would be much better if it was on a PIR.

Its 12v lighting powered from individual transformers.

I've bought a PIR and wired it up to the supply to the transformers, but it doesn't do the job. I've checked the PIR on a standard 240v light fitting and it all works OK.

Is it problem with the resistive v. inductive load that the PIR is looking for?

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks,

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

You need one which has a relay switch, rather than semiconductor. You should be able to hear the relay click on and off. Also, the PIR will require a neutral connection (although that by itself is not an indication that it is the right type).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Cheers Andrew,

The one I have "clicks" on activation, but fails to switch OFF again!

Can anyone recommend a brand that is known to work with 240v/12v transformers?

Cheers,

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew