pfffffffffffft, cowboys

Haven't had this bungalow all that long. The flori in the verandah/conservatory (mounted with its back against the wall and up against the polysomethingorother roof) started to flicker on and off around once per second. I thought I'd swap the starter to begin with cept I couldn't see any sign of a starter. Tube off, cover off and there's the lil bugger, facing upwards against the poly. pffffffffffffft.

Reply to
brass monkey

Angle grinder job then.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

surely a fein multimaster will make a neater job of cutting the hole in the roof to access the starter from outside?

Reply to
gazz

Good idea, I've already sourced a small umbrella to cover the hole. Just need a bracket now.

Reply to
brass monkey

wouldn't it be easier just to take the light fitting down and turn it around so that the starter is at the bottom, rather than re-arrange a poly roof......there's only half a dozen screws involved, and 3 of those will be the elecrical terminal ones.

Reply to
Phil L

That wouldn't work cos the cowboy has drilled a hole for the switch cable on the opposite side to the starter. If I turn it over I'll have to extend the cable so it goes through and along the roof then in through the door. Anyway, with it not being Wednesday I'd have to pay full wack for the cable.

Reply to
brass monkey

... or drill another hole?

Reply to