Petrol prices to go up again.

Sunshine is sill free.

Reply to
harryagain

In message , harryagain writes

I notice Gordon Brown is still Chancellor!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

"The move will put renewed pressure on chancellor Gordon Brown..."

Keep up to date please Harry!

TOJ

Reply to
The Other John

I wouldn't mind petrol going up a bit from the price quoted therein:

"At present, the average price of unleaded in the UK is now 82.6p per litre or £3.75 a gallon."

Reply to
polygonum

Chancellor Gordon Brown? From what era did you drag up this article?

Reply to
Fredxx

22Aug 2013. Don't think so.
Reply to
harryagain

That is when you looked at it.

Reply to
polygonum

oh FFS Harry....

did you actually read that old undated Mail-s**te you posted a link to?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Oh yes so he is and it's one the web *and* the Daily Mail so it

*MUST* be true.

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I saw it on theTV. I just saw the date on the top of the article.

Reply to
harryagain

That makes it c 2006. I have always thought that Harry doesn't actually read the things he posts.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

An awful one that none of us want to remember...

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

critcher said...... why, was it worse then than it is now, is petrol cheaper now. we are in worse shit now than we have ever been but still the disadvantaged can pay i suppose.

Reply to
critcher

"The RAC Foundation said it expected the 4p rise to come early in the New Year, putting costs for Britain's 26 million motorists up by an average £52 a year. At present, the average price of unleaded in the UK is now 82.6p per litre or £3.75 a gallon."

We can dream.....

Reply to
news

He's said to be Chancellor of the Exchequer in the body of the article, which also refers to the upcoming move to utra low sulphur fuel. Gordon was chancellor until 2007, and ULS fuel became compulsory shortly after that.

The article, therefore, cannot possibly date from later than June 2007, or it would have named Brown as either Prime Minister or, until more recently, leader of the opposition.

The date at the top of the page is the current date, the giveaway being that it also lists the expected weather for tonight. You're not the first one to be caught out by the Mail doing this.

Reply to
John Williamson

So you didn't *read* the article, then.

Petrol going up in a few days/ weeks isn't news, it's routine. It's on the BBC every couple of months at least. It's a story to fill in a few otherwise blank second in a news bulletin. I notice nobody says a word when it's expected to go down in price, though.

Reply to
John Williamson

Gordon Brown was Chancellor. Nuff said.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed we are, if only we knew why. We might be able to prevent it happening again.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

An unfortunate gaff, but, to be fair, I still get shocked by this sort of thing where people in responsible positions make school boy errors such as failing to date an article, letter, etc.

I get this all the time from credit card company's and the like. They send you an undated revised T&C, and you put it in your file. Then, later you discover other T&Cs in the file, and, because none of them are dated, you have absolutely no idea which is the current set. IANAL, but I can't help feeling there could be a useful legal loophole in it somewhere for the credit card holder ...

Anyway, it shows an appall>

Reply to
Java Jive

There's usually a mmyy number in small print on the back cover, sometimes as part of a document number.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts