Pest repellers, do they work please?

Hi All,

My daughters boyfriend and Mum are having problems round their flat with 'carpet bugs' (I'm not sure if they really know exactly they are just that they don't want them ) coming in from the loft (top floor flat) and the loft is due to be sprayed next weekend.

His Mum wanted to get one of those 4-in-one ultrasonic pest repellers in the hope it will distract them (and insects in general) from coming into the flat.

Something like this ..

in the spirit of them doing something for themselves does anyone have any experience of such gadgets and do they really work like it says on the tin?

Obviously the concept seems better than using chemicals and 'nicer' than having traps / zappers etc ?

I then the bug doctor bloke that came round suggested they were worth using ..?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Sounds complete and utter bollocks.

Reply to
EricP

Don't beat around the bush Eric, tell us what you *really* think ;-)

So are you saying that these 'ultrasonic' doobries don't work at all, don't work as the texts suggest (I'm not convinced about the ultrasound being radiated around the house wiring!) or even if they did function mechanically they simply wouldn't have the effect they suggest (or all the above)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I hear what you are saying Dave (and my thoughs as well) but is there any evidence (either way) re these things?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just that I've not seen them in commercial premises - which usually get this sort of thing first.

Only electric bug zapper I've seen is the 'blue light' type.

Also, the site is full of dodgy products.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ok, agreed they can sometimes set a precidence.

As seen in good kebab shops worldwide ;-)

;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I was looking at one for £39.99 before I read your post and decided that them. About the only thing they might do is annoy cats and dogs.

But seriously, they do blow the thing when, as you point out you get to the radiating ring main bit. I believe most insects that lurk around the home don't even have auditory apparatus anyway.

It would be interesting to see a bit of serious proof of the wide claims they make for the thing. :))

Reply to
EricP

Only for repelling teenagers...

Mark