Part P & Regulation rollback website

I cant find where build regs & related isues are on

know?

NT

Reply to
NT

Buggered if I can find anything to do with building regs on there, doesn't seem to fit any of their 'spotlights'

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think the line wd be that it's all being dealt with as part of the work on future changes to the building regulations where DCLG promise a consultation document later this year. See

a bit more detail, in "Future changes to the Building Regulations - next steps" in December 2010 DCLG said they would work with their external partners to establish final proposals on, among many other things, the scope for reducing the burden of Part P. I gather that work includes "taking evidence" from lobby groups such as the Electrical Safety Council supported by NICEIC, NAPIT etc. But so far as I could establish DCLG made no efforts to get further evidence from consumers or others who responded to the Your Freedom or Cut Red Tape websites. So I'd not hold your breath for deregulation in the Part P area.

Reply to
Robin

so just another exercise in not doing what was promised.

NT

Reply to
NT