Part P and outside light

Quick question ;)

Neighbour has asked me to install an outside light for her and skimming the Part P Faq it would seem to be non notifiable since it's going on an external wall and on an existing lighting circuit.

However, it also says "garden lighting" is a special location (and thus notifiable), so when does an outside light become "garden lighting"? I was thinking when it's no longer attached directly to a house wall - but I doubt it's that simple...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Just carry on and do the installation. As long as the whole thing is done properly you have no worries. Just make sure you do "Do" it properly and to current electrical installation safety requirements.

Reply to
BigWallop

Of course. Wouldn't do it otherwise ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

But watch out for the Part P police coming round .

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

LOL !!!

Reply to
BigWallop

Just heard on the radio that the re-classification of cannabis from class B to C has released X 100,000 hours of police time. Seems it took about 4 hours to process a possession charge. So they'll have lots of time on their hands to deal with more important things like this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well provided you make a start on it before 1 Jan, Part P won;t affect you anyway!

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:22:05 GMT, Lobster strung together this:

Or just f*ck Part P altogether and do it whenever you want anyway.

Reply to
Lurch

If it was something I was doing for myself, then I'd tend to agree :) As it's a favour for someone else, it seemed best to check...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Yes, forget the old lady who just got mugged, lets catch the real criminals.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:13:34 +0000, Lee strung together this:

Fairynuff. At least you checked, even though you probably could do it quite safely. Most people who don't know what they're doing won't bother... Anyway, we've been here before.

Reply to
Lurch

And the part L ones. External lights should be "energy efficient" which presumably means CFLs.

Reply to
Mike

...and while you're at it, keep all the light below the horizontal to reduce light pollution! ;-)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Pity this doesn't apply to some of the Xmas decorations round here.

Reply to
Mike

Wouldn't it be great if all the people with horizontally aimed PIRs realised that they should aim them down.

Also - Golf driving ranges - they seem good at having circularl lights aimed horizontally.

Reply to
John

In which case just remember to tell them to not admit it was done after the regs come in.

Reply to
Mike Harrison