Painting the woodwork

Hi all

Before I put my house on the market I want to repaint all the woodwork as its looking a bit tatty.

I want to use a brilliant white Satin and I've just discovered on the Dulux website "Quick Dry Satin".

Its sounds perfect as it is low odour and quick drying.

Anyone got any experience of using it? Is it any good?

Thanks for any advice!

Regards Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Rubbish. No resistance to wear and tear and looks like a coat of soft plastic. Primer/undercoat is the only water based product I'd use

Reply to
Stuart Noble

woodwork as

I've used it on my sashes in my front room. I liked painting with it and it looks great. I would use it again no hesitation.

HTH

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Not bad but:

  • Sanding and washing down is more important than with oil-based, especially if putting it on top of oil-based.
  • Avoid the equivalent gloss - it isn't.

I would choose it over 1-coat gloss anytime.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Thnaks for letting me know.

Reply to