OT - Windows Live Mail hijack?

My daughter's Windows Live Mail seems to have been compromised, as the picture was changed and the name. Got an invitation to chat (around 03:00 in the early moring) which I found waiting for me this morning. Picture of a fat woman's arse with slag tag above ans some kind of 'chatwithme' URL.

Now I've logged into the WLM account and there is no sign of either the name or the picture in the account settings. I've changed the password, added a temporary picture, and logged on and off a couple of times and now all seems to be back to normal.

She hasn't used the account for a long time so there is probably no recent interception of credentials at an unsecured WiFi link or Internet Cafe.

The account is so out of date that it didn't have the new profile details filled in.

So: no details stored on the website spurious details from some kind of logged in client

Anyone come across this?

Google doesn't seem to throw up anything obvious.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts