OT; What is the world coming to?

Smooth...

If it were me, I'd have called it richardiii and claimed it was a shakespeare theme :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

And? What did he do then?

Reply to
Tim Streater

He laughed. Also he was no longer the director by then - he was further up the tree.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Back the the Future II

Fixed yours!

Reply to
John Rumm

I once made up a test card for use in the communal TV systems in the prisons. The frequency response grating was actually a series of evenly spaced black bars, and I had a prisoner in broad arrows trying to cut through one with a file. The card had a series of numbered versions and was used for channel ID. One day the head honcho decided to call in at a cell where I was tuning the telly in. To my relief he laughed like mad.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That is the usual pattern of the London estates, the landowners named them after the either their properties elsewhere or the family's various minor titles.

Reply to
DJC

Interesting. I'd never seen it before, but I was stuck in traffic on a Saturday afternoon and noticed the "Quex Road". Since I live about 10 mins drive from Quex Park, and it's an unusual name...

Reply to
Bob Eager

DJC