OT? VirginMedia Superhub DC power plug dimensions

Hi - new to the forum

I need to extend my VM Superhub's DC power cable by making up (or buying?) a female-socket/male-plug extender cable

Despite extensive web searching, a foray onto a VM forum - and a call to VM support - I can't get definitive info on the plug's *exact* dimensions ... i.e. outer diameter, inner hole diameter

Can anyone help?

TIA

Reply to
Dirk

They're usually 2.1mm (diameter of centre pin), with 2.5mm being next most common.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I just unplugged mine - can /just/ get a 2.1mm drill in the free socket (1.8 fits easily). Outer dia measures 5.5mm with chinky vernier.

Reply to
Geo

If you're desperate, you could just cut the cable add in a length of whatever you have in the spares box.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Hi

For anyone still interested in this thread, I've just taken delivery of a cable (2.1mm plug) that does the business - available below for less than 2 quid!

to all who contributed ...

Reply to
Dirk