OT. Tunisia.

Didn't see many Muslims observing a minutes silence today on TV.

Reply to
harry

They were laughing silently. I was in Sousse about 30 years ago. It was a shithole. It was the first and only time I have ever seen a scrum in the airport departures lounge to board the plane out.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Did you see many Muslims *not* observing the silence on TV?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

To be fair, there's been very little coverage of the 28 Shia slaughtered in the Kuwait mosque at the same time.

Reply to
Andy Cap

I was in Sousse a couple of years ago. It was as lovely and interesting a place as the entire rest of the country.

Oh, sorry, I forget... There WAS a total and utter shithole bit of Sousse... Port El-Kantaoui. That really was nothing but godawful package- holiday hotels and concrete everywhere. Dire, simply dire. Could have been anywhere in the world.

Reply to
Adrian

I think you lost Harry about there.

Reply to
Nightjar

  • 28 years.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

no-one in our office did anything special

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I idly wonder about the ethnic mix in TUI's head office... in Luton... where the observance of the silence was covered extensively...

Reply to
Adrian

s/Luton/Hannover/

Reply to
Andy Burns

TUI's UK head office, then...

Reply to
Adrian

Well around here they did. I actually forgot about it, to my shame. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Were you there trying to sell fire extinguishers or were you on holiday?

Reply to
ARW

I have traveled extensively in the Middle East and North Africa. Not Sousse however.

Reply to
harry

As I said.

Reply to