OT sun and wind question

More lies. 100Gigatons of ice are being lost per year in Antarctica.

So full of crap as usual.

Reply to
harryagain

At best you're confusing Arctic and Antarctic - see your last reference, footnote 12 for example. Also:

At worst you're deliberately misrepresenting the case.

Reply to
RJH

You are indeed Harry.

Increasing snow and ice is a consequence of increased sea temperatures around the continent and was predicted by the IPCC report on climate change. Increased sea temperatures mean more water vapour, which means the air above Antarctica is more humid, which results in heavier snow falls.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

IIRC If population growth continued at the current rate we'd run out of food long before 2150.

Reply to
Mark

There was no ice in the past and lots of CO2, how did we end up with an ice age rather than a runaway heating effect?

Let the greens explain that one away.

Reply to
dennis

In the case of sun, then using the sun in one place will have no direct effect on that illuminating somewhere else. Wind turbine however will alter the wind patterns to some extent down wind.

With solar you may get additional affects resulting from you collector shielding the water from the sunlight it normally gets.

The finite limit would be the money, and materials required to actually build the infrastructure. It would become economically non feasible long before we reached any other limits.

Reply to
John Rumm

It can certainly alter them in bad ways.

Reply to
dennis

I initially read that as runway heating effect, something caused by incomperent pilots of 777's

Reply to
The Other Mike

or Dreamliners

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Sun was quite a bit cooler back then (25% or so). Also disposition of the continents has a big impact.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It was removed from the atmosphere and locked up as coal, oil and gas dummy. We are at present reversing the process.

Also as locked up as limestone, created by sea creatures and chemical reactions.

Reply to
harryagain

Yep, obsession with the use of composites that go terminally t*ts up at 300 deg C. Just as well it was on the ground.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Balls, the last ice age happened a few thousand years ago. The Sun has not changed 25% and continents are within a few feet of where they are now.

Reply to
dennis

Oops you got it wrong again arry.

Reply to