OT: Someone here once set-up a Where-Is-Everyone map - what site?

Largely Off-topic,

Once upon a time, a long time ago, some-one here suggested and organised a group on some online resource that allowed you to register (under a group banner) your location in the UK. Then, you could view a map of the UK with people's approximate location shown.

I've googled all my previous posts - and although I participated I don't think I replied to the OP, and so cannot find the thread.

Anyway, anyone remember the site that provided this facility?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Sorry, just found it, please ignore!

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Ah - Google's Law. Two minutes after you post a question on a newsgroup you find the answer yourself. Done it myself loads of times.

Mike

Reply to
MikeH

So where is it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Sorry, I didn't realise that you'd be interested. You should find the main site on

and the UK.D-I-Y group mapping is on

Mike Dodd

That's bloody excellent that is - thanks. Nice to know where we all are!

Right - back to the grout and the paint...

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Thanks. I think all the regulars should be on it!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Its good manners to post a followup because in the future someone else may be looking through Google archives.

DAve

Reply to
gort

Well. that's a few regulars who've identified themselves today!

Reply to
The Wanderer

I'll remember to be curteous to myself in future by following up on any replies I give to myself :)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

uhh, someone beat me to it!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I added myself in today as well...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I wonder why some contributors are so shy about putting a real picture of themselves on it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Presumably similar reasons (whatever they may be) that a large proportion don't use real names when posting.

David

Reply to
Lobster

|>>I added myself in today as well... |> |> |> I wonder why some contributors are so shy about putting a real picture of |> themselves on it. | |Presumably similar reasons (whatever they may be) that a large |proportion don't use real names when posting.

In My *Long* Experience, using my real name, which anyone, with a little searching, can trace back to my address, and even mobile number, causes no me problems whatsoever.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I have no problems using my real name and address but I can't see how a picture is comparable, no matter how obsessive someone is about secrecy how many are going to see that person in the street and recognise him/her?

And even if they did, so what?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've just spent the last 5 mins trying to do just that and the sodding thing won't take any image I've uploaded. Grrr

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I can see your imge OK. And mine (newly added)

Another stout (as in sturdy, not fat, you understand) real name and picture person.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Tell a lie - it appears in the general "Group Photos" (

)

But not under the map entry for you.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

In my case it was because I happened to know where my Skipweasel avatar was lurking and couldn't put my hands on a photo of me. I'm usually behind the camera.

Reply to
Guy King