OT: Rant - e "bloody" buyer

Typical, after recommending them a few times, saying "I've never had a problem" ..

Ordered some homeplugs (the 200 MBs ones) Wednesday evening. Was too late for next day delivery but happy to pay the premium for Saturday delivery. Order taken, went through, and was with the depot 5:00am friday.

Come today - no homeplugs, and the order is "scheduled" for 26th. Spoke to Citylink who confirmed they *could* have delivered today, but had no instructions to. Checking the order, I certainly paid for Saturday delivery.

This has caused a lot of inconvenience ... I had planned to do a few jobs this weekend, one of which was to re-jig the domestic network. Now that will have to wait for at least a week.

They've already got a very stiff eNote waiting for them, but that will be nothing compared to when I get to speak to them.

Fume, grrrrrrrr.

Reply to
Jethro

I've ordered from them 3 times. Each time I've paid for a scheduled delivery. Each time they have failed to dispatch on time or haven't told the courier (as in your case) to deliver on the Saturday.

Best I've ever got is a full refund of all postage charges - even that takes effort. They want to remove the additional charge only.

I've given up on them. Useless...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I selected next-day delivery on an order, only to be told it 'was not available to my postcode'. That is in fact total bollox.

It substituted a *1 week* delivery date.

The destination was in Aberdeen, where next day is fairly routine. I could understand it if it was in Shetland...

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Cancel the order. replace with wireless router (or ethernet cable). Homeplug is a polllutant of the aether. Domestic wiring is not designed to constrain RF so it will leak out. I can't use my radio because of some neighbour with homeplug. When I find out who it is I know where I'll plug it.

The high speed version wipes out all frequencies below UHF, no VHF radio and no DAB! A taxi goes by and you slow down to low speed anyway.

Reply to
<me9

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

I wondered when someone was going to bring up the other side of the coin..

For a different viewpoint.

Reply to
Bill

I use them a fair bit, and always use the free 'saver' delivery. Last one I ordered Thursday afternoon, arrived Friday morning. I wasn't in, so the parcel was left at my (very) local PO, rather than the depot. Which was nice.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

+1 from me. Luckily, I've never needed to have next day delivery so I always go for free delivery which supposedly can take up to five days - but my stuff has _always_ been delivered next day or the day after :-)
Reply to
Dave

In article , D.M.Chapman scribeth thus

All the times I've used them I've gone for the slowest cheapest delivery and its been here in each instance .. quicker!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net scribeth thus

Yes not the cleverest way of distributing broadband around;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Not the best researched article that.

This is a bit more scientific 'tho they do admit its early days in this area and more needs to be done, but its convincing enough that they aren't that clever a way of distributing broadband signals....

tony sayer

My powerline one doesn't seem to bother *my* DAB or VHF.

Reply to
newshound

In article , newshound scribeth thus

Your prolly quite lucky that you live in a high signal strength area if thats the case then you may well have no problem..

But..

These units not only radiate Radio frequency energy they also receive it and in doing so their performance is compromised..

Reply to
tony sayer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bill saying something like:

What different viewpoint? That of a know-nothing technical numpty?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

CityLink is their Achilles heel. I once had a small order (about a tenner) that didn't turn up. Phoned up the local Citylink depot, who said they'd had a breakin and the parcel had been stolen. Thanks for telling me. They said to get on to ebuyer. I rang up eBuyer, who had no idea anything had happened but agreed to send the goods again by next day delivery. They arrived... in the same delivery as the original parcel. Again no contact from either to explain what had happened.

They're also not as cheap as they used to be.

These days I use Scan. Prices are usually a few pennies more than eBuyer. There's a deal where you get free postage on orders over 20 quid if you've made 20 postings to the Hexus forum, so postage is effectively free. And all Scan postage is from DPD, which means it's next day, and that morning they text you with a 1 hour (or is it 2 hour, can't remember) delivery window. So far they've made it every time. It's worth paying a little extra on the prices of goods just so you don't have to stay at home all day.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Just a wee add on ...

thought I would call and have a vent, as a complaints system (eNotes) which offers a response within 3 working days (although they hide that by calling it "24 working hours") just isn't enough.

Spoke a a poor chap who sounded harassed already ... I'm, not an arse, so I didn't take it out on him, just asked why I paid for Saturday delivery, and didn't get it. It seems they've had quite a major ****- up, with none of the orders scheduled for Saturday being delivered. They're trying to work out if it's their fault or Citylink's.

Oh well I'll have to finish the job Saturday ....

Reply to
Jethro

+1
Reply to
Man at B&Q

Very much sounds like they ought to question the performance of their carrier!.

After all as once Interlink, I think, used to say

"Carrying your delivery promises"....

Reply to
tony sayer

Ordinarily, I would agree, but in this case I was able to speak to Citylink before 12 on Saturday. They confirmed the delivery number, and were emphatic that they *could* have delivered for Saturday, but that requires a special instruction which they had not received from eBuyer. Since I couldn't get hold of eBuyer (Mon-Fri) then I opt for the Citylink version of events, which puts eBuyer in the frame. eBuyer are free to correct me, if they can be bothered.

Customer service is not about giving yourself pats on the back when things go right. It's about how you deal with things when they go wrong.

Reply to
Jethro