OT One for the teachers - and for GB

Smoking is illegal on building sites. It's a place of work.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

be sure to tell the labourers that. (it is a place of work)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They do have various weird icons on their signs that are equally incomprehensible to speakers of any and every language.

I liked the recent one where they had included an "out of office" response as the Welsh translation of the original sign.

Probably select the languages according to volume and proportion of high value tourists coming from each country. Implies Russian, Japanese/Chinese (for signs the Kanji are close enough) and Spanish.

Not much point in putting signs up in Dutch or German as most of their younger population is bi or tri-lingual these days.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Annoyingly for the entire population of Manchester they "benefit" from the North Wales sidelobe signal of S4C when pointing at Winter Hill.

Certain Panasonic sets are exceptionally dumb and put the weaker distant signal which is found first onto C4 and hide the real one up at 804. Simple fix is unplug the aerial until it goes past Wales!

I have had to disable automatic retune on my parents TV since whenever a new channel appears it trashes Channel4 and with it "Countdown".

Reply to
Martin Brown

Blimey squire!, your off her Christmas card list for good now!...

Well the sprogs are partly Irish, English, Scottish, Russian, German and French..

Rather classy mongrels the lot of them;!...

But nothing from White rose land sadly;(..

Reply to
tony sayer

On Friday 13 September 2013 08:57 Martin Brown wrote in uk.d-i-y:

ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Wouldn't that only apply indoors?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Outside is different to inside.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And entirely up to the site management.

Reply to
ARW

These people would probably disagree.

As would anybody who's wandered into a little shop there and come across people speaking Welsh as their natural tongue.

Reply to
Clive George

They will be telling us next that you cannot smoke in the van:-)

Reply to
ARW

Quite. Offices or factories etc may well have a smoking area outside, but on their land. Same as pubs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I note smiley but Looks like that applies already if you share the van with anyone else

news

I have no religion so I always affirm and never swear an oath. Of course neither was needed at the magistrates.

Reply to
ARW

It's scripted reality show.

Reply to
alan

You'd have more luck if you were a woman and claimed that you had no property of your own and were your husband's chattel, for religious reasons.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog