OT: Nakedness

Leaving aside the stupid tit for tat argument elsewhere about nakedness, I'd like to say that I do find considerable benefit in being undressed at certain times, and I recommend it.

I have a skin complaint. It doesn't show but it causes itching, and it's greatly relieved by being undressed. There are two reasons. One is the coolness. The other is the absence of the cloth lightly touching the skin.

I feel a great sense of liberation when I undress. It just feels good; it's hard to say why. I think it's partly the coolness, partly the shedding of the weight of the clothes, and partly something more primitive.

I have to shower a disabled person and I always do it naked. One reason is to reduce self-conciousness on his part. The other is to save getting a change of clothes for myself afterwards. The second reason also applies when I shower the dogs.

I always sleep naked; in fact if I fall asleep wearing anything it wakes me up. It feels very odd, like swimming whilst dressed.

I really do recommend you all to try a little nakedness, when the opportunity arises. You might feel a bit odd to start with but eventually it seems completely natural. In warm weather it's a joy to be so cool and free. In winter, when it's snowing, it's a laugh to nip out in the garden for a bit to see how long you can stand it! (But always have someone who knows what you're doing in case you fall over or something.)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On 18/12/15 00:53, Bill Wright wrote: Too much detail Bill. Do you remember that Melanie song?

The one that goes:

"And you can advise in full detail What we already know"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

warm weather it's a joy to be

And watch you don't have a lock such as a Yale set so it could lock you out if the door gets blown shut, being naked gives limited choices as to where your keys can be kept. Happened to a mate once when we hired a Narrowboat one December in the days when that Month usually brought temperatures below freezing. Beer was the cause, made him nip out for a pee about 2am as the rest of us slept soundly all as it turned out interpreting his cries of distress and thumping on the cabin roof in different ways as we dreamt. It was well over an hour before I awoke properly and realised the thumping on the boat was still happening but unlike in my dream the sound being caused by exploding depth charges was unlikely on the Oxford Canal and got up to let him in , poor sod wasn't far off real Hypothermia .

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Reply to
Davey

I found that passing swans like to try to follow the stream back to its source....... If there are swans in the area, pee off the other side of the boat. If nobody is watching, of course.

Reply to
Davey

I gave very little detail. i did not mention what can happen when you're frying sausages for instance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You make sure your eyeglasses prescription is upto date?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yep. So long as the curtains are drawn then I prefer to be naked in the house.

Reply to
ARW

Pass the mind bleach.

Reply to
Huge

Are you never naked?

Reply to
ARW

Like vampires, I avoid mirrors :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Bill Wright scribbled

Jeez... all of Bill's family is at it...

_634x338.jpg

Reply to
Jonno

Bill Wright scribbled

Prick with a fork ?

Reply to
Jonno

Well, I try not to look down when I am.

Reply to
Huge

Depends how far one can see when one does so...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not far. :o(

Reply to
Huge

Bi-focals are possibly better than psychiatry for self worth:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

About the history teacher at school - after wet trunks were seen hanging to dry:

Why does Huck wear swimming trunks in the bath?

Because he doesn't like looking down on the unemployed.

Reply to
polygonum