OT Keystroke logger

Remote monitoring has been suggested in another part of the thread. If you go down that route you could use VNC/RealVNC instead of a webcam etc.

HTH,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Try again. I have not got it

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am using XP with NTFS formatted volumes. So where is this event logger?

What charges of snooping am I open to? The computer is in it's own little room and she was told it was out of bounds. Cheers Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Right click My Computer and select Manage. See the Event Viewer part of the System Tools tree. File accesses that fail due to access privilege violations will show up in the security section.

Logging unwanted access to your computer and seeing what files are being accessed seems fair enough. I would be less comfortable using a keystroke logger however since you may end up capturing credit card numbers of bank logon details etc. If a fraud were to occur, it would be harder for you to defend yourself should accusations come flying your way.

Reply to
John Rumm

YGM again.

Reply to
PeteZahut

I think PeterZahut is saying he doesn't know (YGM = You Got Me)

If he is trying to say anything else it is probably worth adding a few words of English to make things a little clearer!

Reply to
Matt Beard

No. I got it when I turned the spam filter off. (YGM = You've Got Mail)

Thanks you Peter

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I also got about 50 invitations to have my knob extended and another 50 to see Britney Spear's breasts. All they wanted was my credit card number.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah - make sense now!

Reply to
Matt Beard

_makes_ sense even!

Reply to
Matt Beard

If you go into programmes and right click then click on Properties you will see when whatever programmes were last accessed.

Strike that last bit. It will tell you when it was last modified but just right clicking on the title of the file counts as access. What is the point of that?

Bloody silly Billie!

I suppose supergluing the keys would be a no no?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer