OT: ISP reccomendations

Google this group and seek enlightenment!!!

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

I don't recall having any problems in this respect when I was with BT Openworld (up to 6 months ago), although I did have a static IP address block which might have been in a different netblock from their dynamic allocations.

Demon compile a list of their own customers who mail direct (i.e. without using Demon's SMTP host), and pass this list to AOL to whitelist in their blocking. (However, I wouldn't use Demon for a new contract now.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

How is that any more balanced? The reviews are written by just the same sort of people "some people who think it's the bees knees, and others who think it sucketh copiously". More often it's the vocal minority who have a problem who write such reviews. Those who are happy just get on with their life.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Excellent feedback Andy. That would explain why my good mate Jon can send e-mail from work, but his bt e-mails never seem to see the light of day.

Reply to
PeTe33

So you are speaking on behalf of everyone here and stating no-one here is capable of passing on their views and experiences of their own ISP's?

I would suggest the users of a dedicated possibly dare I say "Geeky" forum would actually give far LESS usefull and concise feedback with much bickering etc.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I will look at the answers I have recieved here and decide.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

There are different groups for different topics for a reason. Perhaps you would like to discuss other topics in which you have interest here too eg: Law, Politics, Television, Telecommunications, Sport, Medicine, Motoring, Drink, Drugs etc. These are all topics which, like ISPs, have multiple groups dedicated to them, have nothing to do with DIY and belong elsewhere. If all posters here brought their favourite topics here just because it is a friendly bunch who know a lot then this place would be a mess. That is why I asked you to take it elsewhere.

The reason I suggested adslguide was that, although there is a lot more information for you to search through, you benefit from a huge background of experience in *one* topic rather than the sample size of 15 or so that you have accessed here.

Fairy-nuff but what makes you think that the people who have replied here have the same needs in an ISP as you and for that matter are any good at chosing ISPs, it's not as if you can base reliability on their previous posts about ISPs, is it.

Reply to
fred

Yup, a very good service - only a small tad more expensive than the cheapest options out there, but run by people that really seem to care about giving you a good, working connection.

Reply to
Matt Beard

There is the correct 'OT' in the subject to allow those who don't want such things to killfile it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

I shall cast that up to you when the alt.pampers.spank.spank crowd start cross posting here with the correct 'OT' in the subject which makes everything ok :-/

Reply to
fred
*DONT SWITCH TO METRONET*

They have just been taken over by PlusNet, a company with a reputation that would make the SaniFlow article in the FAQ look like a glowing recommendation.

Reply to
Matt Beard