OT ish.Should I?

If you are not careful you will end up VAT registered. Then you will need the help of dennis to do your accounts..

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Those are long days. Is this a 5 day working week?

I don't define a working day. When subbing it is usually 8 hours a day but I am subbing for a guy with brains who trusts me. So if the job is halfway between Barnsley and Doncaster I start on site at 8am and work until 4.30pm and go straight home. When working in the Doncaster area I leave his unit a

8am and return to his unit at 4.30pm. By not going to the unit he can get another hours work out of me by not paying me travel time.

When working for myself it can be anyhours.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When I met TMH I was working 5 miles away from him in a right shithole. I met him in an affluent area 5 miles from where I was working.

Today I have done two jobs 2 miles apart. One is affluent one is not.

What Dave needs to do is sometimes "forget" his price structure. When a customer says "are you sure?" & "is that all?" he needs to tell them that he is going to double check the price and then stick £50 (or whatever is appropriate) on the quote before saying "you are correct Sir, I got that one wrong, thanks for your honesty".

If people are stupid enough to give money away for free then he should be intelligent enough to accept it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Be sure not to give Dennis anything other than a crayon to write with, just in case.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

77000 / 45 / 5 / 8 £42/hour if you guess on working 45 5 day weeks and 8 hour days per year. That's with no materials through the business.
Reply to
John Rumm

but that assumes your are being employed for all those hours.

Reply to
charles

Yeabut surely he has to take into account all those hours doing things like ordering and getting materials, invoicing, chasing payments down time doing accounts work writing estimates and such like?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Well likewise there will be other turnover in the business that will count toward the registration threshold. As someone else suggested there will probably be an optimal price which generates most income, but it does not necessarily occur at all saleable hours sold.

Reply to
John Rumm