OT: Is there a term for signs that combine text and graphics?

Is there a specific term for a sign that combines text and a graphic such as these on the Screwfix website:

for example, a Beware of the Dog sign that has also has a photo of a dog, as opposed to a purely graphical or purely text sign?

I was thinking of "ideogram" but that would be just the graphical part, wouldn't it?

Just wondering.....

Reply to
mike

"Stupid".

People have been brainwashed by the crappy Windows user interface which labels icons with what they are generically, rather than what this specific instance is. Drives me bonkers.

(Seriously though, I expect it's something to do with not discriminating against illiterates, or non-English speakers, or somesuch.)

Reply to
Huge

> or, for example, a Beware of the Dog sign that has also has a photo of

I needed a 'caution do not enter', there are free ones for MS word

printed and laminated at very little cost. a fair few basic designs.

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

> Yes.

Mine displays a miniature version of what's in the document. And its not an add on either, although I did need to install a RAW codec for my camera before RAW files displayed as pictures.

Reply to
dennis

word

and laminated at

can anyone point to one that says, "Free Shag for gorgeous women"

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51