OT (?): Insurance - theiving bastards

In article , The Medway Handyman scribeth thus

What if U don't mind me 'arskin was that for and what did it cover?...

Reply to
tony sayer

ALL renewal quotes will be 20 to 30% high both for can/van and house.

It's a tax on the lazy.

Shopping around for 5 minutes will always get you a "new customer2 discount of 20 to 30%.

That's why all insurance adverts on TV claim to save new customers up to a couple of hundred quid on their current RENEWAL quote.

Reply to
alan

Read my sig.

No, the second line.

Reply to
Huge

Not quite "ALL". The Disco renewal this year was the same as last.

Reply to
Huge

Just watch out that they gave you the same terms and conditions. That £100 excess last year is now £500 or £1K.

Reply to
alan

You might get a "discount", but it won't always be lower than the original quote.

I stayed with Admiral multi-car for many years because their renewal quote was always with in a gnats whisker of anything else. Only switched when they became uncompetitive for young drivers on the policy.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

ote:

I never buy these extended guarantees if that's what you mean. If it breaks & can't be fixed, I'll get another. If you don't pay out insurance for years,you can afford to do this. Another pitfall for halfwits.

I do buy holiday insurance. There can be some real bummer things happen on holidays. The main one that would worry me is illness/ repatriation. For the EU, I wouldn't bother though.

Reply to
harry

It was exactly the same. I was so surprised I went over it quite carefully. Indeed, I assumed it was an error and checked up.

Reply to
Huge

Fully comp, but no extras.

Reply to