OT - I'm not selling anything

Yet here you are at my front door in a Zenith Windows sweat shirt telling me that there are some installations taking place in the area.

When told you are wasting your time you won't leave.

So, why, exactly are you here if you aren't selling anything??

After the "never darken my doorstep again" speech he breezed off to annoy someone else.

At least I now know what unemployed Charity Muggers do.

Grump.

Dave R

Reply to
David

Sure he wasn't keeping you talking at the front door so that his mate could break in round the back?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Is that what Kieth Lemon means by "smashing your back doors in" :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Pretty damn sure.

(1) there is no direct route from the front to the back of the house

(2) My Lady Wife was in the living area at the back of the house and would have noticed.

(3) There were a bunch of vacuous young things in a loose mob door knocking their way down the street. Just like chuggers.

These people are the ambulant version of telephone cold callers. Persistent. Absolutely no conscience.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

In 21 years in this house, I think we've been cold called 2 or 3 times, tops.

Reply to
Huge

We don't get cold callers here, so I've little experience, but: why not just tell them you're not interested and shut the door without giving them the opportunity to "persist"?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

/ In 21 years in this house, I think we've been cold called 2 or 3 times, tops. /q

They probably wait to case the joint til you're on one of your well publicised overseas trips.... /yawn/ :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Well, I was on my way out anyway so I couldn't be arsed to go back in and close the door just to avoid the little shit.

Reply to
David

I'd have thought continuing on your way out, locking the door behind you and driving away would be equally effective ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Shirely, the answer to "I'm not selling anything" is

"Too d@mn right you aren't. Now $%^&* off"

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

SWMBO couldn't understand why putting a "No cold callers" card next to our "Honey for sale" sign in the window was a bad idea.

Reply to
Reentrant

In article , Reentrant writes

:-)

You have the perfect 'out':

"Are you buying honey? No? Well f'ck off . . . . . "

In reply to an up thread comment on why not just say, "I'm not interested" and close the door, I've never found the need to waste the energy in saying anything when I am quietly closing the door in their face. Excellent practice for the dead pan f'ck off face too (not that much practice is required here)..

Reply to
fred