OT: Gas supply/meter

Hi,

Our whole road is being dug up for the replacement of the gas main. Someone called at my house and said they need to insert a liner in the gas pipe to my house.

They said if it does not work then they would have to relocate my gas meter to the outside of the house. I don't believe there is anywhere suitable on the outside - it would partially block the front door if placed where they suggested.

Can anyone better explain the procedure for gas main replacement so that I may be able to suggest a better solution if they want to move the meter? In case you are wondering why I didn't ask them, it was because I am at work during the day and it was SWMBO that spoke to the workman.

TIA, Mark

Reply to
Mark