OT - For the smokers!

First of all Dennis, let me congratulate you on admitting on a public forum that you are a habitual glue sniffer. Thats a brave thing to do.

I now realise why your attitude to smokers is so irrational. The thought of an inconsiderate smoker sparking up & setting your glue on fire must be a constant worry and your ability to think clearly must be affected by the fumes.

Glue sniffing, like smoking is a perfectly legal activity. If your local pub had a sign outside saying "This Pub Allows Glue Sniffing" then, since I don't especially like your filthy addiction, I would choose not to go in. I would go to the pub with the sign "Smoking is allowed in this Pub". Then we would both be happy.

Dirty drug habit that glue sniffing.. get hooked by a high.. suffer from withdrawal symptoms.. claim its still giving them a high and that they enjoy it.. typical addict.. can't admit the truth.. its the lows they suffer from and they don't get highs after a few weeks/months.

I hope you can manage to give it up.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Actually agreed completely. Just a cheap jibe in my last post. The absolute worst has to be urinal blocks (usually added in copious quantities to mask the smell of poorly-functioning urinals).

Washing liquids/powders and softeners are pretty gross - you shouldn't be forced to smell other peoples' clothes in the high street. (However I word that it comes out with possibly unfortunate connotations. Sorry.)

The DVD we watched last night smells of lavender!

The amazing variety of smell releasing devices advertised all the time. And these things use electricity as well.

Reply to
Rod

I look forward to similar articles about the havoc wreaked upon the world's children by adult users of drugs, alcohol, motor cars, polluting chemicals, brutal economic policies, and of course weapons of war. In the interim, I shall maintain my generous "no-charge" policy to any infant that chooses to be downwind of me.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Indeed - what the hell do they put in Cillit Bang, for example?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not at all - enjoy yourself.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Just making it up to support your addiction again.

Reply to
dennis

Since when have any smokers even thought about not breathing down their nostrils? You really are desperate to justify your habit. Be a man and admit that like most addicts you just don't care and never have and never will.

Reply to
dennis

I've got some of the old stuff if a smoker starts to annoy me. Pour a bit on a tin lid and leave it and see if they blow themselves up.

At work we used to have Freon sprays to fault find circuits.. they were good as you could spray them about and they were harmless to everyone except smokers.

Reply to
dennis

Which one? I *really* want to avoid it. Does it carry a warning?

Reply to
dennis

House M.D. Season 3 DVD 6. Must check the rest... Just checked - all three outer cases (what were jewel cases on CDs)/all 6 DVDs. Can't easily detect whether the smell originates from the DVD or the case. No warning that I have noticed. I just thought it odd.

Reply to
Rod

Could just be someone has dropped an air freshener in the warehouse/shop, I doubt if I will buy that set so I am fairly safe. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

My father was a 60-a-day smoker and I grew up in a city where you could often see the pollution from coal fires in the air. I even recall there being a brownish haze in the room during the worst smogs. I do not recall being untypical of my generation in not suffering bronchial problems or asthma, despite routine exposure to far higher levels of contaminants than kids are likely to meet anywhere today. I find the evidence for the supposed effects of secondary smoking to be very dubious and, for the record, I am a non-smoker

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

They're not cleaning agents, they're masking agents -- to mask the dirt.

/and/ they make my hay fever worse!

Reply to
<me9

Isn't it water based these days? Or is that something else of that nature?

Reply to
<me9

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:43:46 GMT, had this to say:

According to a tin I bought a bit ago it contains heptane & isomers, solvent naptha (petroleum), light aromatic,

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It changed to a new formula quite recently....probably a slightly different solvent. It's not as good in performance terms...and it doesn't smell as nice.

They do a water-based version...I've found it to be rubbish.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Oh, so now you also admit to assaulting smokers? You are a dangerous fanatic who needs locking up. One step away from suicide bombing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes- we're constantly being told how much air pollution from factories, homes, cars etc has been reduced. And smoking certainly has. Yet apparently asthma among the young is on the increase.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think anyone who recalls the 1953 London smog, or even recalls the smell of traffic in a city street in the 1960s, will have little doubt about that.

I favour the theory that kids don't now get enough exposure to disease early on in life, so don't get their immune systems properly triggered. My parents took the view that it was best I got any diseases going around as early as possible, so, whenever the girl next door came down with something, I was sent around to play with her. I actually came down with very little - measles and german measles as I recall - but that could be because I had been exposed to tuberculosis from a very young age. TB vaccination of infants has been suggested as a way to combat asthma as, apparently, it triggers a fairly deep level immune response.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

No need, Freon has been banned as it may damage the ozone layer, wouldn't want that as it is bad for innocent people as well as smokers.

I assume that is you you are talking about as I certainly wouldn't want to or need to resort to suicide bombing by myself. I would get some stupid idiots like you to do it.

Reply to
dennis